Thursday 26 January 2012

Uzumaki

Uzumaki
By Junji Ito
I've read this once before and re-reading it at the moment as it is one fantastic manga and a good example of strange horror. The art style is good, not too 'ANIMUUU DESU!111' in case that's what puts you off of manga in the first place. The art style like I said is enjoyable, detailed and does gore rather well.

I found out about it by accident years ago while trying to find another horror manga but I am glad I found this. This manga is 20 manga's long which in the grand scheme of how they work, that is not allot at all, it also have a movie adaption which is TERRIBLE it cuts out all the good bits and takes ages to get into the story at all, it's also allot of money to get hold of it these days [so I'd really not bother unless like me you want it for the collection]


The story is based around a young high school student and her boyfriend, her boyfriend goes to school in the next city over and notices how odd this place is in comparison and warns his girlfriend to leave with him, she scoffs that he's nuts and then really, really odd things start to happen.

I won't tell you too much as it would ruin an amazing manga for you but I will say this is a well paced manga where every issue something is going on! snail people, crazy preg ladies and god knows what else if you like strange and odd horror, this is awesome.

For those interested I have provided a link for the manga! it can be read in all it's well scanned glory here = http://manga.animea.net/uzumaki.html try and donate a little to the nice for providing us with awesome cheap manga.

X6XJigsawX6X


No comments:

Post a Comment