Wednesday 11 April 2012

Ju-On / The Grudge Manga

Please excuse all terrible pics, I took them of my own copies on camera so.. yeah.

[2006]


The two manga follow the book/movie loosely but the two stories are very different and the families that suffer and the deaths are a whole new thing. If your a fan of the franchise this manga is a very good new story to go with it. I read the book and I've seen the movies tho, ages ago and I didn't make many connections.

The art in the first one is more typical of the genre manga but it's cute and nice to look at and it stills does gore very well. You have not read a manga till you've read one where a girl gets her face broke off by cats stuffing themselves into her gob. Legend.





[2006]

Follows on from the first one with an actress who's doing well in life until she goes on one of those 'most haunted' type shows. This art work is more ..pretty and a little more enticing to a reader who isn't all about Japan.

The story is a little more mature then the first one and the gore is still present just with images that make you jump when you turn the page. Best bits about this one is a woman giving birth to hair, a man being killed by a shit load of hair.. and an odd naked child running around all over the place.

DAMN bitch must use alot of shampoo...  L'OrĂ©al because even bitter dead woman are worth it!





From what I have seen online and the fact I needed to take my OWN pictures your best bet of reading this is to buy it. My suggestion used from AMAZON your looking at about £4 per book? cheap for manga and it's very worth a read and nice to have on your shelf if your an avid fan of Asian horror.

Art: 5/5
Gore: 4/5
Scares: 3.5/5
Overall enjoyment: 4.5/5

X6XJigsawX6X






No comments:

Post a Comment