Wednesday 7 March 2012

The Walking Dead THE GAME


I hit my head over and over and over that this is being made a game. I fucking love The Walking Dead I've been a fan since the first tradeback forever ago but everyone should know by now that 95% of all movies/live action to games and vice verse are pretty terrible.

There is no better example of this then the SAW game ugghhh you could steal things from the people you kill but you could not take their shoes? TAKE THEIR SHOES YOU GET DAMAGE FOR STEPPING ON GLASS. I raged so much I think I played all of half hour before I couldn't even make eye contact with the case ever again like an ex partner you keep seeing around, you know the look, catch a glimpse and look away in shame.

I don't want to feel that way about anything with The Walking Dead I heart this franchise so much even if the show let me down in places.

So enough of my little rant...

the game is being made by Telltale Games who's only good game tittle is 'Tales Of Monkey Island' this alone does not bode well for a good game but saying that some big games groups drop the odd turd bomb.

I like how the game is going to look very similar to the comic book style which is a big part of The Walking Dead's charms.


But at the same time I can't help but feel this game is going to flop and badly. A horror game either sores and does fantastic for itself like the DEAD SPACE, Resident evil and Silent Hill franchises or fall flat on it's face like SAW and CONDEMNED 2,

Original concepts always do well but when it comes to Zombie movies and games there isn't much of that. Most zombie games play the same LEFT 4 DEAD was a break through since it was so much more about the co-op and the online play then many games.

I always think for modern games they either are like RESIDENT EVIL or DEAD RISING and until and after L4D there isn't much difference. So this game is going I read is going to try and be the speffle snowflake and try and be it's own thing which is awesome but at the same time, it's not a recipe for success on it's own.

A quote from the man himself Kirkman has said "that, unlike typical zombie games such as Left 4 Dead, it will focus more on characterization and emotion than action"

As a gamer and a fan of shooting, hitting etc this sounds pretty... boring. If it's got a deep plot, enough violence to help keep you busy or some awesome puzzles then power to it but I could see it getting boring and repetitive in places like DEAD SPACE 2 where the same things happen over and over.

I am also not a fan of the 'SAVING MY CHILD!1111' part about it, was similar in DEAD RISING 2. I also feel that so many fans are being OMG OMG I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS GAME!!! and everyone is putting so much hype onto it for being the next awesome game that it will never fill those expectations and will disappoint much like to DUKE NUKEM FOREVER. Not a bad game it just disappointed 13 years worth of expectations.

I'm not trying to piss on anyones chips but I won't be buying this game till it's about £10.

If your less of a meathead then me and want to check it out.


X6XJigsawX6X

No comments:

Post a Comment