Saturday 9 June 2012

London Expo - The Event

Well I've moved now so it's tine to get to work on the next update for the London Expo.

I want to thank my friends who had to deal with my bullshit over the weekend of seeing something and rushing over to take a photo of it or look at it or spend half an hour playing it... I'd have punched me if I was them haha! but yes I've been going to Expo a long time but never as a blogger so it was interesting to pay attention to all the small things I might have ignored before hand.

The new Alien game and Lolipop Chainsaw were very much the key items in the horror genre this expo. Sadly I had no chance of getting to play the Alien game as I lack the urge to line up for half an hour BUT I did see the awesome Alien and marines around.


I'm so effing cool.

Daaaaww~


But from what I did notice the game and people in costume were massive hits with the crowds.

Now I DID get to play some horror related games.. Lolipop Chainsaw which I thought looked just like DEAD RISING with tits but I was wrong. Same idea but as you know zombies are very much not a fresh concept and there isn't allot you can do to spice them up.

You are a cheerleader and there are zombies everywhere in your school. I didn't get any real cut scenes so I had no idea of her back story other then she's a cheerleader and has a head attached to her belt?

The game is very fun to play I'd say it was like DEAD RISING meets BAYONETA. Pretty, flash and easy to work.





That's me not some old horridly dressed man.

The other game I got to play was the Wii version of PROJECT ZERO 2/ FATAL FRAME 2 and I'll say this now... man it was boring as fuck. I think I played for half an hour and nothing happened? the plot is good as they all are and as a J horror fag I know that the Japanese love to build their tension and make the atmosphere drip with tension but damn it was slow and Wii controls work like dick anyway.

I'm sure if I played the XBOX version I'd like it more.


There was a fair few neat horror related merch to buy but I do find at Expo that every other shop is cute crap that is very much aimed at girls or middle aged guys.... cough.

This is awesome! it combines two of my loves together. Street Fighter and Zombies.

No idea what this game would be like but IT'S THE WALKING DEAD I NEED TO BUY IT. Also you know when your fandom has made it when it has it's own board game.

Awesome zombie drinks from CYBER CANDY.

I also met a few famous people while at the event one being the pretty, lovely and chatty Elvira.
This woman has aged well and is stunning. I told her this and she seemed flattered. I've seen her without the costume garb on too and she's hella pretty.

I also got to meet Noel Clarke who is a sound guy, awesome and chatty just a very nice guy and got my DOG HOUSE DVD signed.

So all in all the weekend was pretty ace. I got to dress up like a twat, have loads of fun with friends and try some new games. I came away with a few things but didn't guy buying crazy like I did last time.

Signed DOG HOUSE and my DEAD SPACE T-shirt which has become like a second skin to me.

Hope you all enjoyed my Expo recap, I had fun rambling.

XJigsawX















No comments:

Post a Comment