Friday 4 January 2013

The Walking Dead - Glenn

I try and keep nerd rage to a minimum as I try and review fairly and all that but I JUST got around to reading The Walking Dead tradeback 17 aka issue 100# and if you have not read those issues and do not wish for one hell of a spoiler.. leave now.


Glenn has been around since issue two or the very start if you are a trade back reader like myself. We have seen him go from the fast brave but also skitty boy from the start to a very brave, loyal husband and friend. We have watched him change and deal with so much.

He got with Maggie, helped to raise Sophia after things hit the fan. He's just been one hell of an awesome character.

So why did he have to die the way he did? I must admit I thought he was safe from being killed off, I mean they have done bold deaths in the past like alot of um kid killing.. and losing Lori who was with child was a very big HOLY SHIT THEY DIDN'T JUST DO THAT?! but honestly.. with all these minor people no one really cares about I thought the big cast would have been safe since from the original lot it was Glenn, Rick, Sophia, Carl and Andrea left from those Atlanta lot.

I think everyone we liked or got close to had a decently tragic or interesting death. But not Glenn, he gets beaten to death by some massive angry asshole and then he dies, his wife flips out and then it all but seems..over.

I personally think if they were going to kill Glenn it should have made me want to cry like a child but as sad as it was and I did give a good gasp it wasn't what he deserved. Call me a sad nerd if you must but Walking Dead is one fandom I have been with from the start and I'm highly emotionally involved with it.

And now he's dead Maggie who I also liked alot will more then likely never be seen again... will wait and see what the next tradeback holds.

XJigsawX

No comments:

Post a Comment