Sunday 17 March 2013

Goosebumps!



Holy crap a blast from the past and a big look into what my childhood was like. I think it was both Goosebumps and 'Are you afraid of the dark?' that helped me into the world of the super natural and a passion for horror. 

It's odd as a few days ago I was thinking about the books.. and I went into a charity shop and bam! about ten copies for 29p each so I bought them all and I have decided I just need to collect them all because 1. I love to collect things and 2. I guess I just have too much space.. [yeah right, I'm a hoarder]

I really am bad when it comes to my love of collecting.. 

Anyway I remember having a few of these back when I was younger and really loving the show. I always remember the one with the gross evil sponge under the sink... kids being turned into dogs, the kid who bought a Halloween mask that glued itself to their face.. a camera that showed the future.. and of course.. Horrorland!

[Sadly thanks to the charity shop they had stickers all over them and thus some damage..]

For those of you who totally missed out on the awesome childhood/teen years of sitting in your garden reading one of these bad boys.. It's loads of small horror stories written by R.L Stine and spanned from 1992 to 1997 and not sure about the show but that was the books. There was 61 in total I believe with some spin off and collections.

I remember them being a little dark and sometimes as a kid genuinely scary. The series both TV and book did very well and was very popular.

I have no idea if I will enjoy them as an adult but I feel they will be great to read on bus journeys.

XJigsawX

No comments:

Post a Comment