Friday 2 May 2014

Zombie Awareness Month: Day 2 - My Top Zombie Movies

I'm a pretty big fan of zombie movies, least creative ones or older ones [I'm not an expert I just like what I like] and looking along my DVD collection I decided to pick out the very best ones that I own and really suggest to anyone.

[2008]
[British] 

I know the zombies are more 'infected' then actual zombies but I bet alot of people will have this on their top zombie movie list. It's amazing, it's gory, scary and well done. There isn't anything bad I can say about this movie really.... other then the shitty 28 weeks later which was a big crappy pile of shitty shit. 

Animal activists invade a laboratory with the intention of releasing chimpanzees that are undergoing experimentation, infected by a virus -a virus that causes rage. The naive activists ignore the pleas of a scientist to keep the cages locked, with disastrous results. Twenty-eight days later, our protagonist, Jim, wakes up from a coma, alone, in an abandoned hospital. He begins to seek out anyone else to find London is deserted, apparently without a living soul. After finding a church, which had become inhabited by zombie like humans intent on his demise, he runs for his life. Selena and Mark rescue him from the horde and bring him up to date on the mass carnage and horror as all of London tore itself apart. This is a tale of survival and ultimately, heroics, with nice subtext about mankind's savage nature. 

Acting: 5/5
Plot: 5/5
Gore: 5/5
Pacing: 5/5
Scares: 4/5
Overall Enjoyment: 5/5



[2009]
[Norwegian]

I know this is a silly and a total gore fest but I enjoyed it, it's a nice balance of retarded and enjoyable. I love the fun side of it and try to ignore how it's trying to be different with it's Nazi zombies...

Several friends take to the mountains and shack-up in the wilderness of back-of-beyond to enjoy a little R & R together, their peace is soon interrupted by a mysterious old man, warning them of a local curse that during the German occupation of the local area that these Nazi invaders were brutal and harsh in their methods of control. Telling of the legend of the villager's revolt that drove them up into the cold, dark mountains where they perished, that is until rumour of their return in the form of zombies, evil Nazi zombies

Acting: 3/5

Plot: 3/5
Gore: 4/5
Pacing: 5/5
Scares: 3/5
Overall Enjoyment: 4/5



[2004]
[USA]

One of my favourite horror movies of all time. I have seen both and the remake is my preferred one, I like the story, the sound track is freaking amazing, Johnny Cash, Disturbed and Richard Cheese? this is awesome. One of the first horror movies I ever took a massive shine to, awesome stuff.

A nurse, a policeman, a young married couple, a salesman, and other survivors of a worldwide plague that is producing aggressive, flesh-eating zombies, take refuge in a mega Midwestern shopping mall.

Acting: 4/5

Plot: 3/5
Gore: 5/5
Pacing: 5/5
Scares: 4/5
Overall Enjoyment: 5/5


[2008]
[USA]

This is such a guilty pleasure of mine but hot women, Robert Englund ... and pure silliness. It's a fun movie with enough gore and humour to make it bearable. I know many people might hate it but damn it's a funny silly flick.
In the not too distant future a secret government re-animation chemo-virus gets released into conservative Sartre, Nebraska and lands in an underground strip club. As the virus begins to spread, turning the strippers into "Super Zombie Strippers" the girls struggle with whether or not to conform to the new "fad" even if it means there's no turning back. 

Acting: 2/5

Plot: 2/5
Gore: 3/5
Pacing: 3/5
Scares: 2/5
Overall Enjoyment: 4/5


[2007]
[Spanish]

Another one you could debate is 'zombie' or not as it has alot of religious undertones so it could be zombie, infected or a possession or something. First Spanish movie I have seen and it's one of the best horror movies I've seen. I could gush about this one forever.

A television reporter and cameraman follow emergency workers into a dark apartment building and are quickly locked inside with something terrifying.

Acting: 5/5

Plot: 3/5
Gore: 4/5
Pacing: 4/5
Scares: 4/5
Overall Enjoyment: 4.5/5


[2009]
[British]

I love my Brit horrors and this is the second one on my top zombie movie list. Yes it beats SHAUN OF THE DEAD for me, I think this one is even better. It was corny and funny enough cringe worthy gore to last you a life time.

A group of men head to a remote village to help one of their friends get over his divorce; when they get there, though, they discover that all the women have been infected with a virus that makes them man-hating cannibals.

Acting: 3/5

Plot: 2/5
Gore: 3/5
Pacing: 3/5
Scares: 0/5
Overall Enjoyment: 4/5

Much love
Jigsaw



No comments:

Post a Comment