Sunday 4 May 2014

Zombie Awareness Month: Day 4 - NAMCO Dark Escape 4D

Me and a galpal went to THORPE PARK on Saturday and hit up the arcade when I saw an arcade game I'd never seen before. It had a longish line to get onto it but I saw it was horror and I was all on that shit. Sadly my phone was dead and I could not take my own pics or get any footage which sucked.

It's by NAMCO and I think it came out in 2012 I've never seen it before either and I go to a fair few arcades. I think a 4D one would be reallllly pricey for most arcades to own but I think it would draw in a crowd since there's not alot of horror games in the arcades.

Only ones I can think of are the House Of The Dead ones, Silent Hill and ancient old ass Jurassic Park ones where you get shit on by dinos..

Anywho..

Dark Escape 


Face your fears with NAMCO's newest horror shooter, Dark Escape 4D. This new 3D game is in a class of its own. Wearing anti-bacterial coated 3D glasses, players try to escape from a mad man's sick and twisted game by shooting their way out with weapons that he provides. Experimental creatures and the undead leap from the game cabinet's 46" high definition screen.

Players can choose to play any of the four fear-themed stages. A bonus fifth stage is available once all four stages are completed.

THE GAME KNOWS WHEN YOU ARE SCARED
Panic sensors display each player's heart rate on the screen and records every panic attack.

YOU DON'T JUST SEE THE MONSTERS, YOU FEEL THEM TOO!
With built-in air blowers in the front and back, players feel the breath of a chasing zombie on the back of their necks or a blast of air on their face when a monster lunges at them. Heavy recoil guns and a rumble seat provide additional terrifying elements that complement the game's immersive game play.

Each player has their own 5.1 channel surround sound speakers (a total of seven + a woofer) so they can truly experience the terror coming from all around.

All of these intense features combine to create one of the most unique and frightening arcade gaming experiences ever!



The gun is alot like that of LETS GO JUNGLE in which is like a mounted machine gun which is hard to aim as the gun is awkward to get the feel of, but this is more then likely due to myself being so used to aiming with an xbox control or a gun you can move like in all the HOUSE OF THE DEAD games I've played.

So it provides you a cloth to clean the 3D glasses but it also allows you to play it in 2D if you so wish but what's the point in that huh? Each game costs £2 a shot but only an extra £1 if you want to continue once you have died.

It has options on what level you want to play based on your fears. I picked fear of the dark and it was alot of odd long necked pukey creatures and not so many zombies. It feels alot like House Of The Dead as it's zombies and other nasty mutated creatures, the graphics are good but do remind me of HOUSE 4.


The seat vibrates, you get wind blowing at the back of your neck and the controller can tell if it's made you shit yourself and trust me, I jumped alot and let out some very child like cries of fear when certain things just go RAAWR at you. The 3D is awesome and it really does look like it's coming for you.

My eyes are fucked and normally 3D does nothing for me but this one worked for me.

If anyone gets a chance to play this game... DO IT.



Scares: 5/5
Gore: 3/5
Cost: 3/5
Enjoyment: 5/5

Much love
Jigsaw


No comments:

Post a Comment