Monday 13 February 2012

Another

Another


Another is a brand new anime airing in Japan at the moment based on a best selling novel by Yukito Ayatsuji which was published in fall of 2009 and even has a live action set for summer in Japan. Another has about 5 episodes subbed at the moment.

I was big into anime back when I was a teenager but not as much any more unless it was of the horror genre, a friend linked me to the first episode so I decided to run with it and also decided to give a review. The series is a little confusing at times, the art style is neither too girly or too mannish, sure they have the pretty school girls with the big eyes but that's most anime for you.


There's nothing to write home about with the anime art style but it's nice enough to look at.

I personally find the anime slow going and not enough 'oooh' to keep me too interested in the first two episodes but after that it kicks off with it's gore and it gets interesting as a serious of unfortunate deaths happen around the people and their family, you find out more about what's going on and the plot gets deeper.

The gore is pretty neat, face planting the floor of a list so fast you die is pretty fun, even more so when it shows you in repeat like four times one after the other in case you blinked.

If your not a fan of creepy looking dolls, mainly BJDs [Ball Jointed Dolls] then they'll give you the creeps more so. When it gets into it's atmosphere it does it well in typical Japanese horror style, slow and foreboding.

If you want more from your horror then slow going eerie feelings then this isn't for you.

I will stick with it but like I said, it's ok I hope it picks up in episodes to come. For now I give it a 2.5/5

X6XJigsawX6X

No comments:

Post a Comment