Thursday 16 February 2012

The Tortured

The Tortured
2010

The Tortured is by a writer of SAW and to be honest when that is the bragging line on any movie DVD case it's cause to walk the other way and pretend we never ever saw it, but in the sales it was £3 and I was in a buying mood to add to my ever growing collection of horror movies.

Now I was slapped in the face with this movie, soon as I saw ol' TWISTED PICTURES come up I gave up faith on this being a good movie but Jesus even now my stomach feels like it's jumping, this movie is the most gory movie I have ever seen it made SAW look tame, it's like they saved all their good stuff for this movie.

The plot was gripping and the action started right away, it's about the 'perfect' married couple who have it all, big awesome house, adorable son and then it goes tits up, their son is captured and murdered by a nutjob, he is found and brought to justice and it's found he has killed so many kids.

In a bid to find out the other kids that he murdered identity's they give the man 25 years to life a lighter sentence then he would have got, the two torn married people aren't pleased and between being angry and torn with anguish about their dead son they set out to kidnap the killer and get their own back for their son.
The most gory scenes I have seen are in this movie, if you do not like needles then this movie will fuck you up, there is alot that bothers me in this movie, I confess it takes alot to gore me out, honestly. I can sit and watch zombie movies and crave KFC and watch most SAW's with a shrug but the needles... the nail stuff... ugh gross.


The story is powerfully acted and you feel for the parents of the dead kid and all away through the movie you feel for them and think this man is getting what comes to him and as horrid as it is you've felt and been moved by the couple that your on their side, but as the plot goes on you soon find something out and you feel very bad and doubt yourself.

The ending is a killer.

Going into this movie with so many doubts I was very pleasantly surprised. Well done movie. It had some cliche bits but the horror genre as a whole has alot of that so I excused it.

It is also very much got SAW all over it, from what the two parents say to what happens but if you try ignore that and see it as it's own movie then you'll enjoy it.

Gore: 5/5
Plot: 5/5
Acting: 5/5
Overall: 5/5

X6XJigsawX6X

No comments:

Post a Comment