Wednesday 8 February 2012

I Spit On Your Grave

I Spit On Your Grave
2010 version

I decided to give this movie a go, I'd seen it on the list of 'top horrible movies' and thought, well then I shall see this : D and managed to get it in the sale.

Now the Horror genre is something that means something different to each person. People who are scared of spiders may not be scared of the dark, everyone has their own fears. Slashers, super natural, torture... so many types out there and there is bound to be one movie out there that plays on something you are scared of.

This movie is, without meaning to be sexist more then likely touches on a woman's fear more then a mans. The fear of being in this situation, being raped, abused and left to die, that fear victims feel and how they might relate to what's in this movie. Rape is a very real fear for allot of woman [people] and is so different from a haunting, a body snactching, something lurking in the deep. There are people out there who are the type of people who would mean harm on another person in such a way.

This is why I think this movie as a large element of 'this could happen to anyone, shit' and again, like I said mostly a woman's fear and in fact our main character in this movie is a woman.

This movie reminded me allot of 'Last House On The Left' in regards to the rape and the revenge part of the story.

Basically a novelist goes to work on her second book, in the middle of no where in what I can assume is hicksvill, the pump station gives me the ever so familiar feeling of 'Hills Have Eyes' you just KNOW those men will show up again and cause trouble, your made to hate them already almost.

Now the first part of the movie, the sneaking around outside, trying to scare her is a very cliche horror movie tactic, girl alllll alone in the daaark miles from anywhere.... and then come these big assholes and come and fuck her shit up.

Words can't describe how their treatment of her goes, it's not scary to me but it's sick, again it stems from the this has happened to people this could happen to people this could happen to ME feeling. I never sit there after watching something like Land Of The Dead and think FUCK, SMART ZOMBIES! THIS COULD HAPPEN ANY DAY NOW!! no! this could happen.

The cast to me are really loads of nobodies but the acting is good, how our actress deals with it is fantastic, she is a good actor and you can tell that moment her character breaks when she realises no ones going to save her, the cop who 'saved' her is crooked and the only way she is getting out of this is saving herself.

They rape her, beat her, strip her bear and she stumbles away. Unlike some movies this scene is done well, your feeling maybe what she is and it doesn't look cheesy or drag on.

And it has been AGES since I have seen a horror where the gore and the blood look REAL, the blood the blood the blood.. my god it's RED not a shade of pink or neon red! they did their effects very well and I'd like to go on and on about it but I ramble enough as it is.

You can see where this movie is going from the get go but just because you can see how it's going doesn't mean you can't sit back and enjoy the movie.

As sick as it is when the woman goes after the men who wronged her one after one in horrid 'SAW' like ways you can't help but feel happy for her, GOOD! that bastard deserved that! and it becomes less of a horror and more of a victim fighting back, revenge for what happened to her, how this horrid event changed and shaped her into a new stronger person.



The punishments very much remind me of the creative traps used in SAW movies just without the flogging the dead horse aspect of it all. Some are just plain gross and I am with every guy out there who winced and 'OOOH FUCK' when she cut that guys dick off and fed it to him. Reminds me a little of 'TEETH'

ALSO MAN ASS FUCKED BY GUN.. what.

It's well acted, good gore and a good story. Based off of the 1978 version which I suggest you watch before/after/whenever as it's always nice to compare the new to the old.

Plot: 4/5
Gore: 5/5
Acting: 5/5
Scare: 1/5
Overall: 4.5/5

 
I'm awear this review has been a little on the heavy side so to lighten it up.. LOOK ALIKES!




X6XJigsawX6X




No comments:

Post a Comment