Tuesday 7 February 2012

Ring

Ring
By Koji suzuki


I've been reading alot of horror recenlty as me and my other half have decided to read a book a month and Ring was my Jan book. This novel has three more in the seriers Sprial, LOOP and Birthday. This novel has manga versions which I have also read and enjoyed, thinking of getting them again and also Japanese movies, American re-do's of Japanese movies and also a Korean take on it.

I can't remember much of the movies other then the American ones were terrible and bad and I wish I could forget every trace of them.. but would like to re-watch the Japanese ones as I remember enjoying them.

Anyway, this book is awesome, it's well paced and his style makes it an easy read, he really puts you in the mind of the characters and you can picture them in your head so easy, the story is as we know it blah blah watch a movie, die in 7 days but so fleshed out compared to the movie versions, we find out the real way it kills you among Sadako's real secrets and issues.

This book is not scary but it is a good read, sometimes it looks like it might be dragging or veering off but just as it gets to the dragging moment it sorts itself out and comes along greatly. I won't go into too much in this review as I really don't want to ruin a killer read.

It's a good read and I plan on reading the others, in fact LOOP is on it's way and Spiral is a story for another day!

4/5
X6XJigsawX6X

No comments:

Post a Comment