Friday 17 August 2012

Paranormal Witness

(2011 onwards)

So far this TV show has aired a full first season containing 6 episodes and is airing season two at the moment with two episodes already in the bag.

I found this by having nothing to watch last night and even though it was on a channel I link with fucking awful shitty TV [REALLY?] I thought that sounds good! I only missed the first three minutes which always seems to be a small portion of up coming clips anyway.


Most eps without adverts are around 45 minutes long and contain two stories, though in some cases the main story is so long it needs it own episode. So you get a big long story then normally a little ten minute one at the end.

The acting is really good for something you think would be corny. They get the real life people to tell us of their real live accounts of the paranormal while we watch reenactments of what happened on the screen. Between each piece we see the people and how they react while telling their stories and the first one I saw about the little girl with her 'friend' Emily you could tell it had been killing the mother and father.

I'm a sucker for the paranormal it has to be said, I am a believer though movies like PARANORMAL ACTIVITY don't scare me as I know it's all Hollywood bullshit but when it's like this? in a real life kind of vibe? like a documentary it does freak me out as I have seen and felt things of a paranormal nature and to me they are real.


So the first ep is about a mother and father who bring their little girl to a new home and make it all nice, you know the typical American dream kinda lifestyle and they soon notice their little girl talking to this 'Emily' as the ep goes on we soon realise that Emily isn't just the young girls mind but a nasty spirit who starts to show it's true form by moving things around, smashing things and even dragging the girl down the basement stairs.

After getting a Medium in things get even worse, we realise the spirit is of a male and they even start to see him after they confronted him.


Things just get worse and worse and the fear builds and you can see on the parents faces they are so near breaking point and so scared for their child but are unable to move out due to money reasons and have to deal with this shit head spirit who seems to hate seeing people happy..


Bit of a jealous asshole if you ask me
.. he also announced he wants the parents out but the little girl can stay... so now the spirit is a pedo?

I liked the story it had me gripped and the raw feelings on the people paired with the 'as it happened' type footage makes for a good story even if you don't believe in it.

Next small story is about a girl who died in a car crash and her ghost morns her tragic loss of life.

It's well acted with good stories.


Acting: 4/5
Plot: 4/5
Scares: 4.5/5
Gore: 0/5

Overall: 4.5/5

XJigsawX




No comments:

Post a Comment