Wednesday 5 September 2012

SAW - The Ride

Come on my username is Jigsaw how could I not mention this at some point? Today me and some friends went to Thrope Park and basked in the lovely sun and long sweaty lines and I really LOVE the SAW ride. The maze is shite from what I remember so we really didn't bother with that.
 

 
 
I think it's still one of Thropes biggist rides after all it has it's own fasttrack ticket price (£5 if I recall)
 
I think they put alot of thought into this ride, more so then the others [well before SWARM came along anyway] since not many rides have this very built up and highly over done que line.
 
They even have a car that gives you 'real' radio feed of what's going on in this huge made to look abandoned building.
 
Might not look like much but I think it really works for the SAW theme, looks like a real place Jigsaw would hang out and do his work.
 
The que is always so long as it is one of the best rides and the line like I said is highly decorated... just with odd crap and some rusty shit but it does all suit the feel.
 
The que kinda looks more like a prison camp then a line though that makes it feel pretty creepy and a fair bit grim when your stuck in it for about an hour or more. Least no fucking line cutters..
 
 
 
 
 
 
So how do you like loads of useless shite while you wait?
 
The ride itself sits 4 people in a row, very comfy seats and it doesn't shake the shit out of you like alot of the rides it's fairly smooth running.
 
It also looks pretty boss and scary.
 
I think as a new rider and old the solid slow going up the side while there is a count down and the voice of Jigsaw is nerv wraking.
 
But so fucking fun.
 
Inside you get alot of things like this, TV screens with Billy the puppet on, voices telling you things, screams and also large shotguns. You see Billy a few times on the ride and he looks just like in the movie so nice touch.
 
SAW the ride doesn't last long as most rised but it's fun, whooshy and just enough different things to keep you wanting to go on it every time you vist. The build up in the que isn't bad either oh and the best gift shop for a ride ever.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
DO MUCH AWESOME SAW SHIT! even the DVDs it's so great. One of my friends got a pen, another a huuuuge mug and I got a mug that looks like blood, very much my new morning cup of tea mug : D
 
So the day was fun and if your in Thrope Park or thinking of going.. I def say get to SAW early and fast or get a fast track, it's one of the best rides and smooth too.

 
 
I'd give it a 5/5
 
XJigsawX
 
 
 

 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment