Monday 15 October 2012

World Zombie Day

(13-10-12)
 
 
It was a blast! I've never been on a zombie walk but have always wanted to and to be honest it was JUST like I thought it would be. There was a wide range of people there the young, the old, men, woman. There was groups of friends, people alone, couples, even families there to join in the zombie fun and it was really ace. There was no drama, everyone just got on and had fun, alot of fun.
 
It was alot of walking but not a huge oh my god my feet are killing! amount or anything. And the lines in the bar for drinks weren't that bad, you'd line up for a ride in Thorpe park longer to be honest, I think all bar staff were informed before hand maybe and it was all hands on deck for the freaks haha.
 
I think the only real killer thing of the whole event was the £5.40 ranged drinks.. but it is London ha so yeah me and my friend got one drink and that was pretty much it. Maybe next year when I got the funds there will be more drunkness but it was such a nice event and everyone was so amazing you could just gel really well with everyone without the aid of dutch courage.
 
It rained off and on so I had to re-apply my arm make-up over and over and over... but other then that the weather wasn't too bad at all! I wish I had done alot more to myself cus so many people just looked amazing but sadly I'm good at cosplay but not good at fake gore haha.
 
Now on to some pics!
 
 
 
So there was a pre-meet photoshoot that me and my friend went too and met up with a few awesome zombies there before we headed over to the starting point of Tate Modern. Some peoples costumes needed alot of looking after through the day but they looked amazing.
 
There was a fair few kids in zombie get up and it was so cool to see, not only did they look really good but it's just great to see that younger generations are into the world of horror and aren't busy smashing bus stops. These two were some of the best kid zombies I saw all day and I think part of a family that had come along.
 
Now I've been into the cosplay scene a good 8 years now and at every convention I have been too all the best works of costume are by woman and woman pretending to be men, they always seem to put the most work in so I am used to a female dominated hobby but at the zombie walk.. the men stepped up and there was so many amazing costumes by everyone, I mean everyone looked great but most the ones that really stood out to me were by the men folk.
 
I think this guy might have come alone but I did not see him out of character ONCE all day. He was great with the public he stuck to the rules and wasn't in their face or over doing it, just kept really in character and to the rules, he was one of my favourites.
 
I'm so glad I am not scared of clowns cus this guy was scary looking and I don't think there is anything more sinister then a clown zombie. He was hugely popular with fellow zombies and the public alike.
 
Really like these guys outfits too, nice to see more of the 'pale look' zombies.
 
There was alot of Left 4 Dead Hunters at the event and loads and loads of Resident Evil related costumes as well, was a big draw for cosplayers as well as just normal horror/zombie fans and it was easy to pick out the types.
 
More pale then I normally am haha.
 
Zombies on a bridge.
 
Soon the staff got us all together and went trough everything. The staff were very good, and tried their best to make sure everything went ok but there will always be a hand full of people who don't listen and mess it up for everyone but there wasn't too much bad things that went on but I'm pretty sure there is one pissed off BMW driver wishing he'd gone in reverse..
 
Thank you to all the awesome staff who made the event possible.
 
Soon we headed off in a huge glorious mess of people.
 
 
 
I love how the dark grey zombie looks like he was taken from a zombie movie and photoshopped into all the colour, He was another zombie I never saw out of character and was really entertaining to watch. I wish I'd gotten a better picture of him.
 
It was great but I feel so sorry for all the normal people trapped in a small space with very slow moving zombies and having no idea what the heck was going on.
 
Unsure of the gender of these two grannies (sorry!) but thought that was really original and their outfits looked really great, they even hobbled like half granny half zombie.
 
We left a trail everywhere we went, alot of zombies dripped blood along the floor and it was easy to know where the trail was going. We got lost a few times, I feel a little longer waiting for people to catch up between pubs would have been nice.
 
Also zombies vs power rangers, no one knows why or how but there was a masssssiiiive group of people dressed as power rangers and it was crazy, chaotic and so funny,
 
I enjoyed this guys outfit, another pretty original concept and another in character player.
 
Just a bunch of great looking zombies, loved all the effort that went into so many outfits.
 
This was another of my favs, I love how it looked like he was more of the attached zombie then the victim, well thought out and just looked great, didn't see anything else like it, well impressed.
 
All my love for these ladies it's like my two favourite things combined, Disney and zombies. They looked very good and were really into the acting too and also a better picture of that amazing clown zombie.
 
The youngest zombie we saw! I love the look of 'what are you looking at?' from the baby. It was so nice to get the family get into it, he seemed to be enjoying it well enough and not phased at all by the other monstrous people walking around, that kids going to be hella cool when he's older, also such a cool dad bringing him along.
 
I enjoyed the photobombing zombie in the Shaun from Shaun Of The Dead pic haha.
 
Also someone brought a brain you could really eat! good idea : D bet that didn't survive the trip home!
 
I met some really great people along the way, chatted to so many people and hopefully will stay in touch with.
 
Remember you can still help donate to this great cause more info here WORLD ZOMBIE DAY
 
Also have some videos! One of the organisers talking about the event.
 
 
And here is my clip from the day in music video form.
 
My world zombie day vid.
 
Already thinking of outfits for next year!
 
Anyway much love all fellow zombies and if anyone wants one of the pictures posted here  email fucingzombiesblog@hotmail.co.uk
 
XJigsawX
 

No comments:

Post a Comment